Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Kandahar guest house blast planned by Quetta Shura: NDS

Kandahar guest house blast planned by Quetta Shura: NDS

By
On
Jun 16, 2017 - 10:50

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The National Directorate of Security (NDSinfo-icon) has claimed the Kandahar governor house blast was planned by the Talibaninfo-icon Quetta Shurainfo-icon and carried out by the guest house cook Syed Mahboob Agha.

NDS Chief Masoom Stanikzai told reporters on Thursday that Syed Mahboob Agha was offered $30,000 and a house on the other side of the Chaman crossing.

Stankizai asked Pakistaninfo-icon to hand over three individuals accused for planning the attack who also met the real organizers of the attack in Chaman.

“I don’t want to disclose their nationality and want Pakistan to hand over these people who are involved in the Kandahar attack.”

He said the investigation of the attack was carried out jointly with the probe team of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

He said two types of explosives TNT and RDX had been used in the attack. He said the investigation was still underway and complete report would be shared with the media.

Thirteen people, including Afghan and UAE diplomats, were killed and 18 others wounded when a blast took place in the guest house of Kandahar governor house.

Kandahar governor was injured in the blast while the UAE ambassador succumbed to his wounded after weeks in the hospital.

nh

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update